Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Week 3 - MTC


The MTC is sweet (but the food. . . not so much)!

So this week has been really crazy. Super busy with lessons and working so hard to learn Spanish. I have only been here for 3 weeks and I love looking back at my first day and not understanding a word of Spanish. Now I can pretty much understand everything they speak in Spanish at the MTC. It is super hard to speak it though. I can not wait until I get to the point to where I can just say my thoughts in Spanish and think of it in Spanish first. Even after that I will still work hard to improve. I am loving the language and I love the MTC even though its really hard sometimes. Doing hard things is so rewarding! This life can be sooo hard sometimes but remember that you chose to come here and experience it. You chose to have faith in our Savior Jesus Christ :) I can definitely testify that because of the Book of Mormon and my knowledge that it is true I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and what he did. Also that Joseph Smith is the prophet of the Restoration and that God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him in the sacred grove. They called him to be the prophet of the restoration. Because of the Book of Mormon I have a testimony of the plan of Salvation. Moroni 10:3-5. I have done this and I have started doing it again on my mission. I want you all to do it too. Pray before you read it everyday and pray afterwards. I promise you will feel the Spirit and your knowledge in everything will grow. I am so grateful for this knowledge.  
 
So a bit of sad news, my MTC companion just went home. Yesterday he made the decision that it was not working out for him and he needed to return home. Last night we all said goodbye and some of us teared up. We surprised him this morning by all of us coming to the travel office and saying goodbye at 6:00 am. I wish him well and hope he is able to work things out and serve later on. I cried. It is so hard to watch a missionary go home. I can already feel the most sweet and awesome joy that comes from being a missionary and I am not even like 2% done with my mission.
 
There is so much joy that comes from living the gospel. Our goal in this life should be to be temple worthy and to be Christ-like. I love y'all so much. I also love the Nacogdoches 1st ward so much. I love it when I tell people I am from Nacogdoches. The look on their faces is like: whaaat? haha and then they say that's fun to say . . . Nacogdoches. There are so many stories that I have and memories that I have made here already. I still have so much more to make :) I love my mission and can't wait to get to Calgary Canada!!! I love yall as much as I love the gospel. Families can be together forever :)
 
Adios!
 
Elder Proctor
 
The customary MTC Map picture. . .

Hot n Spicy Cheetos - Thanks mom!

My new Tripanionship - Elder Strong and Nasilai

MTC Zone Leader - Great Missionary

Chick-Fil-A!!!

PiƱata time! Birthday

Tie Draft 2016