Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Week 4 - MTC


Time is really flying by!

I can not believe I have already been to the temple 4 times here! It is the best place on earth. I really can not wait to go to the Calgary temple. Just 2 more weeks left and I will be on my way. The MTC is awesome and I love my district but to be out there in the field teaching real people is going to be amazing.
 
So here is a funny story about teaching with my companions Elder Strong and Elder Nasilai. So when we were teaching the plan of salvation and the 3 kingdoms of glory to Adriana our investigator and Elder Nasilai was trying to explain hell but he forgot the word for hell in Spanish and we did too and he looked at us and he got a little frustrated and raised his voice and said como se dice, go to hell! haha then Adriana started laughing and we all started to crack up. Come to find out she does speak English but of course she acts like she doesn't.
 
Pretty much every lesson Elder Nasilai makes the investigator laugh and then we all start laughing. It is awesome. Then last night Elder Nasiali and Strong and I tried to make huge bubbles. We got a bucket and bunch of different kinds of soap and hanger and it actually worked - haha. My companions are super awesome and fun and spiritual. Then a really cool story. In one of our lessons when I was reciting the first vision to Jose our investigator he started crying and then I started to tear up. I felt the Spirit so strongly and I know he is there to be a mock investigator but hearing and being taught eternal truths over and over again you still feel the Spirit and still learn and realize new things. Like in the temple today I realized how great the creation is and strengthened my testimony of God our Eternal Father and His Son Jesus Christ our Savior.
 
The gospel of Jesus Christ and the plan of Salvation is such a blessing to know and to have no doubts about it. I am so grateful for everything. Everyday we get to experience things for ourselves and we have the gift of free agency. We can do whatever we want in life. My greatest desire is to serve God forever and to help others to come unto Christ. Not just investigators but members, nonmembers family, friends and all people. I am doing it now on my mission :) I am so happy and there is not a better choice that I have made. Serving a mission.
 
I want to do the same thing when I get back from my mission. Be on a lifetime mission to help others come unto Christ. Including myself. I would love every one to read Helaman 5 and 3 Nephi 13 (Matthew 6) and more if you want.
 
Have a great week!
 
 
Salvador and Me - Nacogdoches represent...
 
District Fun

Yum MTC food - NOT



Provo Temple