Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Week 5 - MTC


Starting my Final Week at the Missionary Training Center (MTC)


So last Tuesday was the best day of my life. Going to the temple and feeling the infinite love that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has for us. Emailing you guys. Then Elder Rasband came and shared all about how missionaries are called and his experience of being an apostle of our Lord Jesus Christ and being a special witness. It was soooo incredible. I wrote down a bunch of notes and will share them with you when I get back. My favorite part was when he was bearing his testimony and he said "I testify that the leaders of the church are no strangers to the voice of the Lord" I prayed a lot that day and I know and testify that the leaders of the church are guided by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and that He is the head of the church. We are so blessed to be living in this time. We have prophets, seers, and revelators. It is so awesome.
 
Thanks for the best Valentines package ever from y'all! I was so surprised and couldn't stop smiling. Tell the activity day girls thank you soooooo much!!!! It was the sweetest thing ever! And tell Bro and Sis Datin that I love them and they are amazing. Bro Datin is such a great teacher. And Sis Datin's note to me was sooooo relatable - haha and amazing.   And theeeennn the next day I sprained my ankle playing basketball haha. Some 6'6 guy tried to block me and he ran in to me and I rolled on my ankle and it hurt sooooooo bad. I was smacking the floor and was trying not to scream. So here is the miracle. I was really pondering about the Atonement right after I sprained it and am so amazed at how Jesus Christ could suffer so much physical pain. Thinking about it made the pain reduce. Then I prayed to be healed. And I was only on crouches for 3 days!! It is still healing right now but it is so much better. Our bodies are amazing.
 
There is no doubt in my mind that God created us and he helps us if we just ask in prayer.   Then on Friday my district and I got our flight plans!!! I leave at 4:20 am on Tuesday morning. My travel group has 18 people in it! I go to Seattle and then to Calgary. I am sooooo excited and happy. I will not really miss the MTC, I will just miss my district.
 
I am so happy we are just all going around the world sharing the amazing gospel of Jesus Christ and inviting them to come unto Him.  Yesterday was probably my best day of Spanish. I understood everything my teachers said and can now understand everything in PME (Preach My Gospel in Spanish) and the scriptures. Mostly everything haha. I can teach a bit in Spanish now and I know I am ready for the field because I know that the language of the Spirit is the most important part to understand the gospel. Spanish will come with time but I know that I have the Spirit with me. The Spirit is the teacher.
 
This is my last week here and then I will be in Calgary!! Missions are incredible. The gospel is incredible. God the Father and Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are incredible and mean everything to me. I love my mission!
 
 
Final Temple P-day

President Peterson schooling us on Indian Wrestling - he beat all of us!

Valentine's Day!!! - Thanks Activity Day Girls in Nacogdoches!

My Awesome District - gonna miss them!
Battle wounds from Basketball

Most of our Zone at the Temple