Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Week 10 - Calgary


HOLAAAAA!!! ESTOY MUY AGRADECIDO POR NUESTRA FAMILIA ‏

So yesterday was an amazing day. Best Easter Day I have ever had. The night before I prayed so hard for the gift of tongues and also for the gift of interpretation of tongues and the whole day I understood so much more Spanish than usual. It made it the best day at church I have had here. But even better, the entire Penagos family came to church! Plus one we had not even seen before. So that was 9 investigators at church. I will never forget that lesson that I told you about last week con la familia Penagos and that's not all! Elizabeth y Miguel came to church too! We were sooo happy to see all of them. They all attended all of church. And in gospel principals class hermano Jimanez gave like the perfect lesson on the family and the proclamation to the world. We were all involved too. And I actually understood almost everything! haha there's nothing we can't do if we have faith in Christ. And after that lesson I pondered about how happy I am to be here and to be writing Jesus Christ name on my heart.

We had interviews with President Miles this week and President said that I have already changed since my first day here. He said that he can see me changing and my testimony growing and that at the end of my mission I will have to take off my nametag but I will have Jesus Christ name written on my heart so deeply. Hearing that made me feel the Spirit. Feeling the Spirit is definitely the best feeling that anyone can feel. I feel it so much here and that is why I am so happy. Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost have one purpose. Moses 1:39. For us to be happy. We have to do our part though. We have to choose to turn to Christ and come unto Him. It really isn't hard. And as we do we just start to feel more and more happy and then we start to realize just how great life is and how much God blesses us and what we can do if we have faith in Christ. It is amazing.

During the Sacrament yesterday I just said a long prayer of gratitude and there is like an infinite number of things we can be grateful for. Most of all, the Atonement. The Atonement is the greatest gift and blessing we have becomes it enables us to live with God and with our families forever and also to become like God and to have eternal life. The Atonement is infinite so our gratitude should be infinite. Towards the end of my prayer I just pleaded to have help and to be blessed to know how to help our investigators and less actives and everyone to feel the Spirit and to understand the importance of the gospel and the Atonement. Galatians 5:22-23 and also for me to just have a larger portion of the Spirit because I know that the Spirit is the teacher and that through the Spirit of Truth we can come to know the importance of everything the church teaches, the importance of the Restoration, Plan of Salvation, the gospel of Jesus Christ, the commandments, and the laws and ordinances of the gospel. We can know these things are true. So all these thoughts and feelings are pretty much going through my mind and heart everyday and the more I learn the more I want to share it all because knowing this and feeling the Spirit is just so great.

Like Lehi's dream, I just want to share the love of God. And also I am trying to switch my mind to Spanish and it is pretty hard. My mission is more of a Spainglish mission. I love it though. I have no doubt that this where I am supposed to be. I know that I will eventually be able to speak good Spanish if I keep up what I am doing and have faith in Christ. So back to the investigators, I believe almost all are progressing, some faster than others and that's ok. Each step is just as important as the other. Without faith, there would be no baptism. Without repentance, there would be no baptism. Without baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost, we could not go to the temple and be endowed. Without the endowment, families could not be sealed together forever. It all starts with faith and then once we continue to follow the path and come unto Christ, we enjoy to end.

I know this gospel is true and I know Christ Atonement is real. I am doing my best to share it with others and bring the Spirit UNTO them. They have to let the Spirit INTO their hearts. Once they really do they really start to progress and understand how much joy comes from the gospel, how much joy comes from feeling the Spirit. I love watching this process take place. It is incredible. This week I have seen the first 2 steps faith and repentance in Miguel y Elizabeth and with the Penagos family and with Adriana y Jordan and then we help a lot of less actives. All the steps build on each other, we need them all. All of this is possible because of the life of Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Well I have said a lot and I think one word that sums up my week is GOZO. 

I love your emails and I love yall and miss yall I think more and more each day but I feel like I am lost in the work and I love it so much. ALL IS WELL :))))))))

Love, Elder Proctor

. . . still his turn . . .

our Tripanionship ride

We dyed Easter Eggs for the Hermanas - we are so thoughtful . . .

Easter Package - Bueno!

Tom Hortons - apparently really cool in Canada