Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Week 9 - Calgary


Ahhhhhh!

I am like the happiest I have ever been in my life right now. Reading all of your emails and seeing those pics of Chrissy and Landon and Bryce and how Mason is doing well and pushing through school and everything. It is just soooooo great. The strength and love that the gospel brings families is just incredible. AND WHAT!?!?! SFA beat West Virginia in the first round!? And then they only lost by one to Notre Dame!? Two words.. March Madness. I love it. And Kim is going to Orem Utah Spanish Speaking!?!?! And to the Mexico MTC!? Ahhh!!! Soooo excited and happy for her.
 
Alright so this week I really focused on the Atonement of Jesus Christ on studying it and seeing it in my life and others because President and Sister Miles gave the whole mission this really awesome packet with talks from the prophets just about the Atonement. I have learned so much, but the more I learn about the Atonement the more I am dumbfounded by it. I will send a pic of some of the talks and want to invite you all to read it as a family and personally think and ponder about the Atonement of Jesus Christ each day and study some scriptures about it. As you do, you will just develop so much love for everything and everyone.
 
I just love the scripture Doctrine and Convenios 18. Every person you see, their soul is worth the entirety of the Atonement. All of us have infinite worth in God's eyes. I really look at people differently now because of the Atonement. My worries about Spanish are lessening and my Spanish is improving because of the Atonement. The Atonement of Jesus Christ enables us to become heirs with God. God knows every language. I feel that my Spanish is improving faster when I focus more on the Atonement and the Spirit than just learning the language. The gift of tongues is so real.
 
So we are teaching this family right now la familia P. They have been taught all the lessons but said they wanted more time and to know more about the church before getting baptized. So here is the really sad thing. Their grandma and grandpa both died last week. So we had a lesson with them a couple of days ago and it was so amazing. So the church released a new video "Hallelujah" and we have been showing it a lot. Before we started with the lesson we were talking about soccer and how Elder Sanchez might have gone pro in Uruguay if he had not chosen to go on mission. His conversion story is awesome and he is so good at soccer. He was baptized four years ago. Anyways we started the lesson with a prayer and watched the video and you could literally feel the Spirit start to fill the room. It was so cool. And then we talked about the plan of salvation and the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how families can be together forever. It was so spiritual. And when I started to bear my testimony of these things Hermana P started to cry. And then I started to tear up too. Testifying in Spanish is my favorite thing to do. Afterwards, I asked all of them if they could feel the Spirit and they all said yes!!! There were 8 people there and 2 of them were new just visiting and they all said yes. And then Elder Sanchez explained some things about the Spirit and they all thanked us so much for coming on a mission and sharing the gospel. Hermano P said we have so much spiritual knowledge and how cool it is.
 
Gosh, there are so many stories but not enough time write them all. I really am loving it here so much. Sometimes I hear people and missionaries complain and I am just like ALL IS WELL! I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the through Him and His gospel we can all have so much love, peace, joy, and happiness in this life. Through Him all things are possible. We can live with our families in the Celestial kingdom with our Heavenly Father because of the Atonement. The Atonement is real. I know that Joseph Smith is the prophet of the restoration and that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
 
Having this testimony makes life incredible and sharing it with others just makes it even better. I love yall and miss yall so much but am happy to be here and happy that we have the gospel in our lives. All is well :))))))
 
Elder Proctor
 
Zone Conference

Our Apartment - right behind the Church!

There is the Church in the background.

Neat monument on a hill.