Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Week 15 - Calgary

NO PUEDO CREERLO!!!
 
This Sunday I will get to skype you guys. It is already here. When I say time is flying by I really mean it. It is crazy but I love it. So I will probably skype you guys at like 4:00 pm this Sunday and I will be at Julio Fernandez house. Their connection is alright I think so I hope it works out well. Also I have a ton of pictures to send because we went to BANFF and KANANASKIS this week!!!! 
 
So this week started off a bit rough because some of our less actives and investigators have been slowly dying off and not answering us. It is crazy how you develop a special love for the people you help and teach and then when they do not answer you or want to meet with you any more you just feel super disappointed. I remember in the MTC my Branch President said I would feel this sometimes and now I am. It is kind of like a super small portion of what Jesus Christ feels when we do not want to come unto to Him and repent. He suffered in every way possible for you and died for you so that you can be happy and live again no matter what and not experience the true consequences of sin but sometimes we do not accept Him and I can not imagine the disappointment Christ and God feels sometimes when people do not accept Them and reject Them.
 
So this week we have been trying really really hard to find new people who are searching for the truth and want to accept Christ and come unto Him. It has been hard and haven't found any new investigators yet but I still have so much faith. I did get a little down one day and then Elder Sanchez showed me the best song ever, it is called "Saturn Sleeping At Last" I think. While I was listening to it I was thinking and really pondering about the Atonement and about what all I have learned in the church my whole life and how grateful I am for my family and the childhood I have had because of the gospel, the church, and the Atonement. Then I started to tear up and feel the Spirit super strongly. Elder Christofferson said that being grateful and saying a prayer of gratitude really invites the Spirit. So I was doing this and then towards the end of the song I was looking a the cover of Predicad Mi Evangelio of Christ being baptized and how badly I want to become like Christ and be able to teach like Him but then still how even if I was as great as Jesus Christ when He was here on the earth, some people would still reject me. So then I got one of the most comforting feelings I have ever felt, that I am doing good and that God is pleased with my efforts and loves me, loves me more than anything. Then the last line of the song says something like "how beautiful and truly rare it is that we even exist" and as I heard this line I read "Nuestro Padre Celestial." Even if God didn't exist, even if you do not believe in God and Jesus Christ, think to yourself.. "how beautiful and rare it is that we even exist" if you are struggling with something right now or feeling sad right now, really ponder about how rare and beautiful it is that we exist and go outside and look at everything and listen to everything. It is truly amazing. Then ask yourself how did this come about? How am I able to live here and be able to think about all of this? I am here to tell you that it is because of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Once you come to realize that God the Father and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit truly exist and come to know Them, then you will find true happiness within yourself and realize how incredible you are. You are a child of God :) and He loves you. I figured this out by reading the Book of Mormon and being a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I pray that you will all pray about this church and the Book of Mormon to see if it is true. If you do, I know that God will answer your prayer through His Spirit or through an experience you have or something. He will answer your prayer if you truly desire for it. And once your prayer is answered you will be truly happy and want to share your knowledge and joy with others. 
I am loving my mission so much. I love the Spanish language. I love Jesus Christ and know He is our Savior and that we must follow Him and accept Him and follow His teachings and repent and be baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and enjoy to the end to be truly happy. :))) 
 
Elder Proctor
 
KANANASKIS

Canada is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Wow, just...Wow

P-day hike in Banff National Park

Awesome river

Yes, it is that gorgeous...

Companionship Study in Banff National Park = awesomeness

Add caption