Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Week 16 - Calgary

 
La Expiacion de Jesucristo es increible
 
Alright so talking with y'all yesterday was soooooooo CRAZY!!! Gosh I loved it so much. All the amazing memories I have with y'all just started flowing through my head and I just felt happy. So happy. Hearing some of y'all's stories was super funny. We are so blessed to have the family that we have. I was thinking about the love that is in family before I skyped you guys and while watching Elder Sanchez skype and how there is just like this special and sweet love that you have for them. Then I started thinking about the Atonement and what I have studied and learned from the Atonement booklet filled with talks from the prophets. In it I have learned that we must understand the Creation and the fall of Adam and Eve to understand the Atonement. Jesus Christ was foreordained to be our Savior before the creation of this earth, foreordained to experience what He did in the Garden of Gethsemene and in Golgotha on the cross. So Heavenly Father commanded Jesus Christ to create this earth so that we could live here and get a body like God our Father and to learn and experience things and have families. Adam and Eve were the first and in order to have children they must have partaken of the fruit of the tree of knowledge to have children and to know between good and evil.  Imagine if you did not know the difference between good and evil and did not have free will or agency and not able to have children and family. That would be pretty sad. So what Adam and Eve did was an incredible thing and was supposed to happen only because Jesus Christ was foreordained to be our Savior and now we have the opportunity to choose between good and evil and have children. Think of the love that parents have for their children and think of the love that is family. Now think of the love that Jesus Christ has for us and our families. There is something that connects. Every single thing in the world and in the universe goes back Heavenly Father and His Beloved Son Jesus Christ. Every single thing in the world and in the universe was made for you. You are Gods glory because of Jesus Christ. Compare Moses 1:39 to Doctrine and Covenants 18. If you are ever having a bad day or in a frustrating situation or arguing with your family or your friends or your enemies, think about how that person is worth everything in Gods eyes, he or she is God's glory and you do not know their life and what they are going through, God does and He love them like you don't even know. So do your best to switch your attitude and perspective to that of God's and how He sees us and I promise that your life will be so much better and that you will start to really love everyone and everything. All you have to do is search for the truth and you will find it. I know that the truth is in this church. I know that Joseph Smith was searching for the truth and read Santiago 1:5 and followed the prompting from the Spirit he got and prayed and asked God out load and God and Jesus Christ appeared to him and They said that the truth was not on the earth. I know that God called Joseph Smith to be the prophet of the restoration and restore the truth back on the earth. I know that the only way we are able to know this is through the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon changed my life because I really studied it and it made me feel soooo incredibly happy everyday just by studying it everyday and asking God if it was true. The gospel of Jesus Christ makes us truly happy. I wish I could say so much more but I do not have enough time. Just please learn for yourself and search for the truth. I know that you will find it.  
 
I love y'all and hope you think about the way God sees you and others and that you follow His example :)))
 
ay caramba!

Banff National Park

Resort area in town - No swimming for us :(

Beautiful !

Mama Elk

Chinatown in Calgary

Zone Hike

Lovely

I want to just stay here in the mountains!

I love this place.