Thursday, May 26, 2016

Week 18 - Calgary


El Templo, coche accidente, y nuevo investigador ‏           

Alright so today is Victoria Day, a Canadian holiday, so the libraries are closed so others can't use the library - so I won't have as much time to email so I can let others email. 
 
This week was super amazing. I had the best temple experience of my life. Elder Sanchez and I got up at 6:00 in the morning to get ready and drive to the Calgary temple and I was already feeling the Spirit. I prayed the night before that I would not be dead tired and be able to stay awake and feel the Spirit during the day, not just at the temple. My prayer was answered would be an understatement. As soon as I got up and prayed again I was just filled with the Spirit and super excited and filled with energy. It was incredible. It happens a lot to me because I am always dead tired at the end of the day but this time it was more. I looked at myself in the mirror and was just like, "gosh I love my mission". I have been here for 4 months and still have 20 to go. I am so happy! haha then while we drove to the temple we listened to inspirational and motivational speeches. Elder Sanchez has a lot of them. The drive was about 1 hour. Then Elder Sanchez played Eric Thomas "You got to want it as bad as you want to breathe and then you'll be successful" and I immediately started to cry. I remember when I watched and listened to "How Bad Do You Want It" on youtube for the first time when I was trying to go back to church and get my life back but in my mind I thought I couldn't because I had anxiety and depression disorders. This video helped me so much because I knew it would be incredibly hard for me to go back to church and be normal again but if I wanted it as bad as I wanted to breathe then I would be successful. It took a lot of time and it came super slowly but now that I am here and was driving to the Calgary temple it really just felt like that 2 year period went by so fast but at that time it was going so slow. And now I am here and am feeling so much joy and really feel like God is just overfilling my cup with blessings. I have such a different view on pain and trials and bad things that happen to us now. Pain and trials are so temporary and they will subside. The pain will go away and be replaced with something way better than you can even imagine. At that time when I was struggling I never would have honestly imagined that I would be here and experiencing this much joy. Now I feel this joy and it is eternal and it really all came from me just studying the scriptures. The Book of Mormon.
 
Last Wednesday we found a new investigator and his name is Marlor. He is from Nicaragua. We had our first lesson with him on Saturday and we just taught him the Book of Mormon and a little bit about the Atonement. The lesson was truly incredible. He is having a super hard time because him and his wife are working on getting divorced right now. When Elder Sanchez opened with the pray he was already crying. Then he told us just a little bit about him and his wife. Really sad. Then Elder Sanchez and I testified of the Book of Mormon and Jesus Christ. I did my best to explain to him how much the Book of Mormon helped me and how when I read it and prayed about it I felt the Spirit and was happy and comforted and knew it was true. Then Elder Sanchez explained that pain is temporary and will be replaced with something so great and that we believe that this was not a coincidence that we met him at this time. He started to really cry and he thanked us. I felt the Spirit so strongly and cried. It is absolutely amazing what the gospel of Jesus Christ can do for us if we just live it. I am so excited to met with him again and see him come unto Christ.
 
There is sooooo much more to write and sooooo many more miracles that happened this week but not enough time to write them all. Just know that I am doing my best to preach the gospel in Spanish and that I am loving it more than anything. I am the happiest I have ever been in my life and it is growing all because of this gospel and the Book of Mormon and sharing it with others. It is the best. 
 
I love yall and thank you so much for your emails. Y'all make me so happy. Mason Chrissy, Landon, and Bryce, we have the best parents ever. Never forget that and do what they say! Oh yeah a Jehovah's witness backed into our car with his truck last Friday so that was pretty interesting - haha he was super nice and felt sooo bad. His hitch just dented our bumper and scratched it. It wasn't bad haha.
 
Love, Elder Proctor
 
Language Training Meeting

Calgary Temple

Elder Sanchez and Proctor

Welcome to the Temple!