Friday, June 17, 2016

Wee 21 - Calgary


No puedo parar sonriendo ‏           

Alright, so tons of things happened this week but as always NO TENGO BASTANTE TIEMPO! pero esta bien. So TRANSFERS!!! I love em but I hate em.  Elder Sanchez left to the North to serve in the Spanish ward. I miss him. But my new companion is Elder Windham and he is pretty awesome. He has been here for 18 months and his Spanish is super good but not as good as Elder Sanchez of course haha. He is from Blanco Texas and loves basketball! So we have started playing basketball in the mornings for exercise because the church is just right across the street and I love it!!!! I am looking forward to playing basketball today for pday with all the new people in our zone. The zone has changed so much since I got here. I miss people but always gain new awesome friendships. Be friends with everyone! Everyone is awesome :)
 
Ok soo last Saturday the whole mission got to see the President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. YEP!!!!!! It was absolutely incredible. Elder Russell M. Nelson and his wife Sister Wendy Nelson are sooooo amazing. Here are some things that I have learned on my mission and gained a testimony of, first is that scripture in D&C 88 I think about the priesthood and being able to have strength when you wake up every morning because Elder Windham and I had to get up at 5:30 in the morning to drive about 2 hours to Lethbridge. I prayed the night before and before we left to not fall asleep while driving there and to just have that time to ponder about how amazing Gods creation is and how I am about to see President Nelson and how wonderful it is to have the gospel in my life and the family I have and know that he is a special witness of Jesus Christ and everything. So on the way there I was alert and was feeling the Spirit and felt so happy. Oh and another thing! The sun rises at like 4:45 in the morning here now! It is crazy so the drive there was super beautiful and bright and seeing all the fields and mountains on the horizon. Then the sun does not start going down until like 10:30 at night. It is pretty crazy and I like it. So I know the Spirit of God is real and without Him we could not know any truth. We could not know Christ, we could not know our Heavenly Father and we could not be truly happy. I know so many things and am so happy because of the Spirit. I felt it so much Saturday and that is why it was one of the best days of my life. So here are some of the things that I really loved that President Nelson shared, first was Doctrine and Covenants 31 and how he said if you are worried about your family right now then don't, if you want to help them right now, this is the best place you could possibly be to help them. God will bless them so much. On the drive down to Lethbridge I started to think about y'all a lot and also that picture of y'all at lake Ratcliff. Wow now I am already tearing up. I really hope y'all can really feel how much I love yall through my emails. I know I say it at the end of every one of my emails but I just want y'all to know how much I love each one of you, Dad, Mom, Mason, Chrissy, Landon, and Bryce, our family is amazing and I am so so happy to be serving here because it is the best place I could possibly be right now. God has blessed us so incredibly much. I see the blessings when we live the gospel. I wish I could give y'all a huge hug right now and cry and thank you for living the gospel and raising us so well. Every single members home I go in to I can tell if the Spirit is there or not and how strong it is. When we live the gospel to the best of our ability and do not fight and do not complain and actually clean the house and keep it clean and have a grateful and happy attitude the Spirit will come and be strong. Chrissy, Landon and Bryce, listen to Dad and Mom, they know so much more than you and me. Do what they say even if you do not like it. "Choose the harder right than the easier wrong" do not be lazy and do not complain. We really do not have anything to complain about in this life if we truly understand the gospel.
 
Life is absolutely awesome and amazing and it is because of Jesus Christ. I love yall so much and want to continually improve and grow closer to Heavenly Father and be more like Jesus Christ. Then also Elder Ulisses Soares and Sisiter Soares and Elder W. Mark Bassett and Elder James E. Evanson and thier wives, all from the Quorum of the Seventy spoke and every single one of them had something awesome to say that caused me to feel the Spirit and it felt just like this burning love in my chest. I have such a strong testimony of the prophets and apostles and leaders of the church. They are called by God to serve in that position for a reason. I also know that I have been called here to serve in Calgary for a reason. There are reasons for everything. If you are going through something hard or sad right now I am here to tell you that it is going to be ok and you will get through it as long as you want to. Also that what you are suffering is nothing. Doctrine and Covenants 122:5-9, Jesus Christ has suffered the consequences of our sins and also our sicknesses and sad feelings and depression and anxiety and everything. Alma 7:11-12. You are suffering such a small portion of what Christ suffered but get all the reward. Eternal Life if you follow Him and come unto Him and let Him help you. Read the word of God, the Bible and the Book of Mormon and the words of the prophets and then pray to Heavenly Father about it. Ask for help. Ask to know things. Ask for help to change and become a better person or in other words repent. You can do it. I have and I know for myself that we have Heavenly Father, our Creator, who loves us like we cant comprehend along with Jesus Christ, His Beloved Son, who helps us and knows what's best for us. I know that Joseph Smith is the prophet of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that we have prophets and apostles today and I sustain them. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it is the word of our loving Father in Heaven. I know that Jesus Christ is Heavenly Father's Beloved Son and without Him we could not live again and death would win but because of Jesus Christ and His Atonement we will live again. We have the opportunity to live with Him again and with our families. I love the gospel and love all of you. I pray everyday that you all are growing closer to God and improving and enjoying life. Same with the Nacogdoches ward and branch. You all are awesome and I miss yall. Do missionary work. It truly is the best. Tonight Elder Windham and I finally have a lesson with Marlon Gaitan de Nicaragua and we are going to teach him the restoration. I am so excited. 
 
I love y'all and can't believe how time is flying by, before you know it I will be writing again next week! Its crazy haha well time to send some FOTOS!