Thursday, July 21, 2016

Week 24 - Calgary

Canada Day:

Happy Canada Day and 4th of July!!!!! Canada Day is on the first of July. This is so crazy, I remember when Mason was out on his mission and while we were watching fireworks at Grandpa Bobs house and I was like wow Mason still has a long ways to go before he gets home but he is home already and now I am out here serving - haha. Mind blown. It is so cool! Alright I do not have much time to write at all because the stake center we usually email at is closed so we had drive here to the library. Also my zone leaders said I took too long last time haha - soooo yeah .
This week we still were not able to meet with our investigators for one reason or another so this week Elder Windham and I really focused on finding new investigators because most of our investigators are not really progressing at all. So we started to really pray more and started to go by members houses more often and share just a super quick messages with them just to get the Spirit there and then ask for referrals. Then we also started to talk to everyone and ask for referrals, and also do as Predicad Mi Evangelio says "teach when you find and find when you teach." Towards the end of week, well last Saturday we still had not gotten any referrals and had not been able to meet with anyone and I could tell Elder Windham was pretty mad and a bit upset because he has said that he has not had a lot of success on his mission and I started to give some pep talk about missionary success and agency and how if we are doing our best and working with all of our heart might mind and strength to always be focused on helping others in any way possible and feeling the Spirit and learning and growing closer God through Jesus Christ and help others do the same and if you are dead tired at the end of the day then you know you worked hard, then God will bless us, sometimes in crazy ways and ways that we would not think of or how we want but God will bless us and those around us. Then we get a call from some English missionaries and give us a referral!!! 2 guys named Jose both from Mexico - haha and they met them downtown and one of them can not speak English hardly at all. We were like, "yes!!" And it was funny because Sister Gleason and Sister Lyu were the ones that found them and they said they tried to speak Spanish and was super funny. They are the funniest companionship ever. Sister Lyu is from Taiwan and is still learning English and Sister Gleason reminds me of you mom and also of Angie, she is just so nice, sweet, and funny haha. Anyways after the call I was like SEE!? to Elder Windham and then the phone rings again and some other English missionaries give us another referral!!! This old Spanish lady named Gloria who they found through teaching these Spanish people who have lived in Canada their whole life. Anyways miracle right!? This is what happens when you work hard and exercise faith, miracles! and the miracle is not over, we contacted both of them that night and were able to share a quick message with both of them!! We shared our testimonies of Jesus Christ and having a living prophet today and of the Book of Mormon. They said they were interested in learning more and we set up appointments with them this week :) so happy and excited. There are so many other cool and awesome and funny things that happened this week but I do not have enough time to share them all! I just know that missionary work is really the best thing ever and I want to do it for the rest of my life. I know the blessings that come from living the gospel of Jesus Christ and there really is nothing better than it. There are so many amazing and incredible things in the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church that is lead by Jesus Christ, He is the head of the church and He has called prophets and apostles today to lead and guide the people and to preach the gospel just like He did when He came to earth just over 2000 years ago. He is not just a man who lived 2000 years ago and taught good things, He, under the direction of the Father, created the earth so that we could come here and get a body like our Heavenly Father, He was foreordained to be our Savior, in the premortal life we had faith in Him that He would do it so we choose to come here and to have this life. Because He suffered for the penalties of our sins, we do not have to if we repent, because He died for us and was resurrected, we will be resurrected too no matter what. We will all live again because of Him.
I wish I had more time to express how much I love Jesus Christ and how much I know this gospel is true but I do not. Get your own testimony of Him by giving it a try, live the gospel of Jesus Christ that He teaches through His church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Read the Book of Mormon and pray. And if you are already doing this, take it to the next level and improve and you will experience more joy and miracles. :))))
I love yall soooo much and am so excited for yall to enjoy Utah with Mason and 4th of July today! Wish I was there just for today but then again I love being here even more because I know this is where God wants me to be :)


Canada Day

. . . and I'm singing, singing is my favorite

Elder Windham singing too...

Locked out again :(

Rain contacting, not too effective...