Thursday, January 26, 2017

Week 53 - Calgary


Llegue a mi marca de ano! Eso es una locura!


Well, I do not have much time at all this p-day because Elder Sorvari and I accidently slept in! His alarm didn't go off so we slept in til 9:20!! Haha I guess we were pretty tired. I haven't done that since I was home! I have to admit it was super nice but now I don't have much time to email. Its ok though because not a whole lot happened this week. We were not able to meet with any of our investigators or less actives this week because somehow they were all busy. Carmen and Jorge had a reasonable excuse I suppose because Omaira had her baby on my year mark!! She had a C-section and everything went well. Tomorrow she should be back home so sometime this week we will go and visit Carmen and Jorge and their family. They are the best:)

So yeah sometimes that happens on the mission, you will have a week full of lessons and work and everyone will come to church and then the next be finding and contacting all week and not having a lot of success. But what is amazing is that if you are being obedient and really trying your hardest then there is always a really awesome miracle that happens every single day without fail. Whether it be an awesome service opportunity or having a really cool and nice member lesson or being able to help out other missionaries, the miracles I have seen are countless and they happen every single day. It really is a blessing to always have the Spirit to be with you if you are trying your hardest to live the gospel and be obedient to Gods commandments. Probably the coolest miracle this week was working super hard all week and to be honest feeling a bit down at moments, but last night we had dinner at la familia Morales house and after dinner one of the Hermanas investigators were there. Her name is Lula and she has a baptismal date set for the 11th of February as a goal. And also her friend was there who hasn't been taught or introduced to missionaries and her name started with an L but Elder Sorvari and I didn't really understand it haha. So we start with the lesson and share 1 Nefi 19:23 and explained a bit of the story of the Book of Mormon and talked about the importance of following the prophets because they receive the word of God and without them we would not have the Bible or the Book of Mormon. Lula really loved that and she is so sweet and was like thanking us during the lesson and what is crazy is that she has no religious background! She is the first person I have met on my mission without a religious background. Anyways then we turned to 2 Nefi 31 and talked just a little bit about baptism and Lula said she feels really good when the Hermanas teach her and its the Spirit. Then Elder Sorvari and I were like wow she is so golden! Then we closed with our testimonies of how reading and studying the scriptures and praying really works. They both loved it so much and thanked us like a million times. It was so sweet and funny.

Then as we were driving home Elder Sorvari and I were talking about what success is on the mission and how simple the gospel is. All you have to do is make the choice to live it and put it to the test and see if it is true. Then once you get on the path you will start to really feel the Spirit Galatians 5:22-23 and you will want to feel it more. You will realize how much joy and happiness the gospel brings to you and those around you Alma 27:18. That is really what the gospel is all about, love, peace, joy, and happiness. and sharing it with others. Coming unto Jesus Christ. I love the gospel so much and can not put into words how much I know it is true and how grateful I am for it. It is just incredible. Well I am running out of time now so its time to send some pics! I have the cord this time haha. I really love each of y'all so much and on my year mark I looked through my old journals and read a couple of stories that I wrote about each one of y'all. We really have such a great family and its all because of mom and dad choosing to live the gospel. I love you mom and dad!! 

Elder Ice Ninja

Spanish language Missionaries in Calgary

ICE

Calgary at Night!