Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 54 - Calgary

Mi querida familia!! Esta semana fue increíble!

Alright so first I just have to let y'all know that I am loving my mission and I remember like 6 months ago I was saying my mission couldn't get any better and I couldn't imagine it being better and now I am here and it is! It's like every single day my love for the gospel and for Jesus Christ increases and sometimes I don't even realize how much it really grows over a long period of time. And what is crazy is that, well, sadly we haven't taught a lesson to any of our investigators the past 2 weeks. We have done a lot of contacting potential investigators and less actives and I mean a lot and no one has been receptive. But even though we have been rejected for the past 2 weeks I feel like I have a much better understanding of the gospel and how Gods work, really works. As long as you personally do your absolute best to work as hard as you can to live the gospel then you will have an effect on people and will make a difference and really help people come unto Christ and by doing that you will come closer to Christ. We all have that same goal, to come unto Christ.  I remember towards the beginning of my mission I would get discouraged in the times when we weren't teaching as much and did a lot of contacting without seeing the results of our efforts. But now I feel so much better and I read this from Preach My Gospel this week - "
No Effort Is Wasted
When people choose not to investigate the restored gospel, your work is not wasted. Your consistent efforts in
serving and teaching as many people as you can is one way God prepares His children to eventually receive His
 servants. He often reaches out to His children through you. Even when people do not accept the opportunity to 
learn the gospel, your service and words are evidence of God’s love for them and may plant seeds that future
missionaries and members of the Church will harvest." Preach My Gospel really has everything you need to know. It has helped me so much to actually know exactly what to do in almost every situation and circumstance I have been in in my mission and always has the answer. I am so grateful for it and to be able to study it an the scriptures every morning. That reminds me! There was a worldwide missionary broadcast this week and the missionary schedule changed for the whole world!! It was so well done because it was like we were in the weekly meeting that the missionary leaders in Salt Lake(I forget the name) has to talk about missionary work and how to move the work forward. So it was Elder Dallin H. Oaks, Elder Bednar, Elder Anderson, and some other leaders and it was live. Super amazing to see how the church really is a living church and is lead by Jesus Christ, He really does guide the affairs of His church. So this is the schedule now:

6:30-8:30 pray/exercise/get ready/eat breakfast
8:30-9:00 daily planning 
9:00-10:00 personal study
Half hour to an hour on companionship study
Half hour to an hour on language
Half hour of lunch
Hour dinner 
9:00 be home and 9:30 be home if you are in a lesson

Now there is no nightly planning and they said we can go to bed at 9:30 if we really need it. And also our pday starts at 8:00am now! So we actually have time to do the things we are supposed to do on pdays like wash the car and clean the pad and do laundry. So yeah the schedule is more flexible now and mornings and nights feel way better. I love it.  It was so cool to hear Elder Bednar and Elder Oaks say that God really trusts us to plan well and to really benefit from this new schedule and to help His children come unto Christ. It's amazing how God works and calls us to work for Him. Just as King Benjamin says in Mosiah 2:17 "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." We are serving God when we are serving each other and helping each other out. We show our love to God by how we treat others and how we live the gospel. During the worldwide broadcast Elder Bednar said something that I loved. He said a testimony is not the words you say themselves, the testimony is who you are! You are the testimony of what the gospel of Jesus Christ does to a persons life. And when you live the gospel you have the promise from God that His Spirit will always be with you. And what does the Holy Spirit do? He testifies of the Father and the Son. So it's the Spirit testifying through us. I just thought that was super cool and I remembered something Elder Bednar said last year when I was I the MTC. He said we can bring the Spirit unto the hearts of the people, not into them, it's their choice to let the Spirit come into their hearts and experience the joy that the gospel brings. We shared this in some member lessons that we had and we have been sharing the restoration a lot with them. It is so nice and yesterday, Hermano Pompa gave a talk on the first vision and his son Miguel Pompa just left on his mission to Argentina like 4 months ago (wow! how has it already been that long?) and he talked a lot about missionaries and missionary work and it was amazing because I thought of you mom and dad giving talks and remembering yall talking about Mason and it was super cool. It's incredible that there are missionaries literally all over the world sharing the gospel. I am so happy to be a missionary right now and to know that yall are doing well. God really blesses us for our efforts to serve Him. Well I am kind of running out of time again and still can not believe how fast Mondays come and go. I would say it is even going a little too fast haha I love yall and have a lot of pics to send now!