Friday, July 21, 2017

Week 77 - Calgary

 
Casi estoy hecho con mi mision de hermana jaja
 
Here I am again!!! So weird and crazy how I am here writing y'all again. The weeks really have been going by faster and faster.  Anyways this week was super awesome just like every week of my mission. Even if people are not receptive to us there is always like so many miracles throughout the week. So yeah this week was pretty hard for finding for us. One day we literally knocked on like 50 plus doors and only 4 people answered and they weren't interested. But one super important thing I have learned on my mission is that if you are working hard and showing God that you love Him and are obedient and trying your best, the Lord will bless you in so many ways. So super randomly we get a text from some sister missionaries from the Hawaii Visitors Center and they give us a referral! This guy named Ian Wallace and by the name we were like aghh because he's English but we gave him to the English Elders and they had been struggling finding people to teach too and then at zone conference we shared our experiences and miracles we had from the mission fast we had and the Elders shared that they had really been struggling finding and even the whole day for the mission fast they didn't find anyone but then 2 days after they got Ian Wallace and turns out he is like the most golden guy ever and he went to church and wants to get baptized and asking crazy questions like "Am I allowed to go to the priesthood meetings? Is it possible for me to have the priesthood?" So it was super awesome hearing that at zone conference and just being a part of this great work is soooo fulfilling and its just like the First Presidency says at the beginning of Preach My Gospel "We compliment you on the great opportunity you have to be a missionary. There is no more compelling work than this, nor any which brings greater satisfaction." It really is the best thing in the world to be a missionary especially right now because the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is literally reaching every part of the world. It is so cool to me and also at zone conference the sisters that came out with me are going home in a couple weeks so it was their last zone conference and they bore their testimonies at the end of the conference and each shared like one of their craziest awesomest miracle and felt the Spirit so strongly and then I thought, where did the time go?!?! I just came out but now all my sisters are going home!? And hearing the incredible stories and testimonies of them made me just feel like in awe for the amount of blessings God gives us and the tender mercies we can see and the amount of happiness and joy we feel if we just choose to love and follow and live the gospel that God has given us. And I loved how all of the sisters ended with their super strong but simple testimony of Jesus Christ and His Atonement. It really hit me hard and it makes me so grateful for my mission because having these experiences everyday really will help me so much throughout my life. I can promise y'all that y'all don't have to be on a mission right now to experience this happiness and joy that comes from missionary work. This past Sunday we did a missionary activity with the youth and their parents and we committed them to be more involved with missionary work and pray for a stronger desire to do it and to pray for all of their friends and other things and it was super cool and some of the members have already shared with us some cool things they have experienced from it. So I want y'all to do the same! Take more time out of your week to actually live the gospel and not just sit down and play video games or watch Netflix all day and read and study the scriptures more and actually apply what you learn and pray to feel the Spirit and share it with your friends and just love and serve one another and pray for these things, God will help you. When you do y'all will feel the Spirit so much more and it'll just make your life easier and will make your summer even awesomer! Alright I gotta wrap up now but I love y'all and hope y'all have an awesome weeek!!  
 

Mi leche se cayo :(((((((